Re: bed prep

In a message dated 08/18/1999 7:00:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<< Is one simply spinning one's wheels(and breaking his/her back) by double
 digging; retain the clay soil; mix it with Pro-Mix or the like; add some
 bark; add Green Sand; add sharp sand; and, then putting this mixture back in
 the area whence the clay soil was taken?

 I think this is what P.Stygall did and her garden is ne plus ultra. The
 plantations are superb and huge. I don't think your formula will give
instant
 success; indeed, it appears it would take years to break up the clay.

Yes,  it does take years, but the absence of back pain is well worth it!!

Jim Dixon
Detroit