Re: Differences between species

  • Subject: Re: Differences between species
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:15:06 -0500

Hi Pat,
         Bloom dates can vary from year to year because of weather conditions, so they are best considered as periods defined by the species rather than calendar dates. For example, the first period would be sieboldiana, montana, and capitata bloom time, and the last would be longipes and kikutii time. I would recommend you do it that way.
                                                                                 .......Bill Meyer