Re: Publishing rule

GARY TRUCKS wrote:

> Pehaps if the AHS would take some responsibility and admit that just
> maby if they would not have instituted that publication rule the mess
> would not be so large and wide spread. Instead they make it sound like
> its the growers fault so its up to us to fix it or else.
> One hand washes the other, However, When one stops, they BOTH get dirty.
>
> Gary
> Amber Wave Gardens
> Benton Harbor Mi. z6
> amberwavegarden@webtv.net

> Gary
the "publication rule" which is one of the worst problems for plant
regiatration , is not a rule instituted by the registration body for
Hostas.  It is a rule set by the group of apparently mostly European
autocrats , who are basically un reachable, and are by the way funded by
the United nations.  You will notice you can already smell an unplesant
oder.  anything funded by the UN is automatically open to question!!!
This "Rules of nomenclature and classification" group, or what ever they
call them selves, have standerdized some imnportant areas, but their
publication "rule" is not only STUPID, but is applied in such a way as
to favor only those that have catalogs or access to trade journals and
scientific publications!  The "rule" excludes publishing on the
internet, a tool that is avaliable to many , even though material posted
here is publishing for any other legal purpose!  I think it would be a
reasonable move for the Registrar and the AHS to reject the "publishing
rule" outright, if they are really serious about wanting regiatration.
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Hosta Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048