Re: new expensive hostas

In a message dated 12/10/1998 4:49:21 PM Central Standard Time,
SECK138@aol.com writes:

<<  How do you find people willing to talk
 about these new introductions.  People who have had personal experience with
 some of these plants why they feel they are worth the extra dollars.     >>
This is the PERFECT forum for that kind of information. Regrettably, many of
those that are or were subscribed to the AHS Robin are and were afraid to say
anything about anything. Here the atmosphere is much more conducive to
critical, objective comments.
Let us know which new hostas you want evaluations on and I am sure you will
get some objective appraisals. This is the best listserve dealing with hostas.
Shadegardens is also a good site.It is the best dealing with shade tolerant
plants generally.

As I see it, the purpose of a listserve like this is to share knowledge, not
to prevent such sharing.Some listserves fail because members are afraid of
being laughed at, or rudely criticized for their views. That won't happen on
this one. Sure, we will disagree but all in the best interests of our members.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indianapolis IN ccredux@aol.com