Re: my original post to Phoenix

It doesn't sound so unforgivably hostile to me.  One should be able to say what one thinks, otherwise of what use is a robin?  Why in the world would anyone want to subject  himself/herself to this sort of domination?  Perhaps, Gerry, if you were properly
humble you would be allowed to stay.

Frances

Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:

Sorry, guys. Forgot to attach my original post like I promised (I wanted to
attach it so Diane, Narda, and Dan - the Big Bad Three - would know what I
said). Course, now that I reread it, I guess I worded it badly. But not so
badly as to be threatened with removal (at least she told me what I did
wrong).  Hyar tis:

At 02:43 PM 12/6/99 -0500, you wrote:

>9)  h. 'Guacamole,'  Second-year plants sold in Plant Delights catalog for
>$22.  MINIMUM BID: $20.

>10) H. 'June,' ..... , sold in Plant Delight's last year's catalog for
$20.  Minimum
>bid $20.

Am I missing something here? I didn't get the the original announcement of
the Phoenix Robin auction, so don't know the particulars. Why should I bid
$20.00 or more on a plant that I can get for the same price from PD? It's
hard to top the quality and vigor of Tony's plants, so I might even have
reservations if the starting price were $15.00.

And , where does the money from the auction go? To the "donators?"

Gerry