Re: Mushroom compost

NardaA@aol.com wrote:
Where are you getting yours, msroom compost that is?  N.

At the mushroom compost store... 8<)

Well, actually it is a food store that is a nursery and landscape supply
wannabe store.  They had mushroom compost for $2.69/bag the first time I
checked.  I passed.  The second time I checked, they had it at 2 bags for the
price of one.   I purchased all that they had remaining, which was only 13
bags.  I would like to buy a lot more, now that Tom Micheletti and others have
given this product such rave reviews.

I know others swear by the use of horse manure, so I will plan on getting a
truck load or two of this "stuff", too, this next year.  I have depended on my
own compost piles for a long time, and I do go through a lot but I'm going to
step up the soil amendments this year even more.  We have some very good soil
here, but from what I observed this past year at various tour gardens, further
amendments may be in order.  Those Minnesotans really pile on the nutrients via
organic compost and the plants achieve an optimum size because of it.  There
are a couple of Iowa gardens that I've seen recently that also convinved me
that I need to pile on the amendments.

Maybe we (the ROHS) can order a semi-truck load of mushroom compost?  Anyone
know of a Hosta Society that did this?  Want to split a load, Narda?

Hosta la Vista!