Re: Using Genetics in Hybridizing ( was Size and crosses)

  • Subject: Re: Using Genetics in Hybridizing ( was Size and crosses)
  • From: Larry McLain <olemacdee@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:00:39 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Dan!  Are previous copies of the journals available for purchase? The next question, is Lu the one I need to talk to about joining the AHS?  I will definitely read Jim Wilkins piece on hybridizing, if I can get my hands on it! Larry

  Dan & Lu <hostanut@Bellsouth.net> wrote:

Larry,

Jim Wilkins wrote "Using Genetics in Hybridizing" published in The Hosta Journal Volume 23 number 1(spring 1992). Jim wrote an excellant article and IMO it is required reading for hosta folk interested in hybridizing. It just so happens that I was reading it this morning. Lu and I have two complete sets of The Hosta Journal and I'm making an attempt at reading them all........we'll see how long that resolution last....It's a lot of reading......but past issues are a real gold mine of information. Clyde Crockett was the Journal editor back in 92 and Vic Santa Lucia was our president.

Dan & Lu