Re: Hormones

>It is possible that there is "some" effects in use of cytokinins in
>stimulating MORE bud sprouting but I doubt that this is identical to
>"better" bud formation...

There was an article in a past Nursery Managment trade magazine about
some experiments with spraying hosta leaves with cytiokinins.  They
took potted hostas with one stem and sprayed them with 40,000 ppm
cytokinin, I forget just which cytokinin,  It induced the side buds to
break dormancy and produced a much nice looking potted plant.  The
idea was to be able to spray this on potted hostas some time before
they would be sold at a nursery or garden center.  Unfortunately, a
40,000 ppm (4%) concentration of any cytokinin will probably end up
being very expensive.

I'm fimilar with 2iP, BAP, Zeatin and Kinetin, but what is TDZ?  This
must be a new one that I haven't heard about, but then it's been 20
years since I last did TC work.

Joe Halinar