Re: Some questions

> 2) I have a hosta bed against one side of my house. The style of roof I
> have (mansard) does not have a gutter, so there is a drip line to contend
> with. I've tried to deal with it in various ways - last summer, I mulched
> very heavily, but when it rains hard, the hostas still get badly splattered
> with mud and look awful.

My patio enclosure has a gutterless dripedge. The only thing that has worked
is the heavy pine bark mulch lined with brick. I hate the look of this mulch,
yet the rain just doesn't seem to wash it across my back yard. At one time I
had flagstones under the drip edge. After a couple of years a groove was being
cut right through them.

Ray W
Mentor, Ohio