Re: Some questions

SusanLittleDVM@compuserve.com writes:

<<
 2) I have a hosta bed against one side of my house. The style of roof I
 have (mansard) does not have a gutter, so there is a drip line to contend
 with. I've tried to deal with it in various ways - last summer, I mulched
 very heavily, but when it rains hard, the Hostas still get badly splattered
 with mud and look awful.

Put down a line of crushed rock were the water flows over the edge- works very
well.
12 inches wide would be as wide as you would have to go- Were I have had this
problem I have the rock down and the Hosta leaves cover up the rock. But the
rock does not look bad-so you can even have it exposed.

Paul Henjum