Re: Calling all Easterners...er...everyone!

At 11:49 AM 1/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
  My particular interest is the Southeast (my
>lot is in South Carolina), but really there's lots of plants listed from
>Virginia, Maryland, NJ, Pennsylvania, etc. So I thought a good Eastern US
>book would be good.
Wish I had an answer for you, truth is, I'm anxiously waiting to see if
anyone comes up with a recommendation.  As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't
get any better than East TN and the Carolinas. The most beautiful view in
the world, I think, is from the top of the escarpment south of
Hendersonville, NC on I26.  The entire Piedmont stretches out before
you...Where will you be? Clemson?  Be sure and visit Chuck Plemmons hosta
nursery in Spartenburg. I'm told there are some good nurseries in the
Greenville area...And subscribe to Carolina Gardener magazine, a great,
great reference!