Re: Value for money {a'CA'nadian-translation}

AHS! ..U'whos<->wherever U'R? ..I don't mean to be NASH'ty, but, I think
the translation from Ben's Dutch Masterpiece below is this:
                              1) ..more than double the price for foreign
members? = robbery!!!  Give us the option to have yer'publishings sent by
boat, not airmail, and the slower & cheaper the better!!!!
                              2) ..this price hike, can be taken as direct
discrimination against Foreign Memberships! ..yup?
                              3) FINAL = to the american hosta society

put all of the above in your pipes...
                                                AND SMOKE IT!!!

:-B)) <*A'wee'WILLY'hehe-THOUGHT*> from Canada...
<<--and regarding emails below-->>
At 10:23 AM 01/04/2001 +0100, Ben Zonneveld wrote:
>Dear Hosta friends
>A happy new year to you all with a lot of new hosta information.
>The Hosta journal should contain articles about Hosta ( I suppose
>at least a few would agree here) and the yearbook all other hosta
>related information So lets see in the last issue what I get for my
>$51 before I send the money.
>FIrst it starts with 12 pages without hardly a hosta mentioned that
>should be reduced to at most one, the remainder should go to the
>yearbook. The same is true for the 6 pages of Awards and the 17
>pages describing tour gardens ( They were all nice people with nice
>gardens and excellent refreshments) Then we have 13 full pages
>with advertisements that should be separate at the end of the
>journal, like in many garden journals. Then we have 16 more pages
>with a free advertisement for BAP announcing for the fifth time that
>BAP will get you more shoots.  Then we have 8 pages with two
>articles of Black and Pollock that are old news as they appeared
>earlier in the British journal . This leaves me with 110-73 = 37
>pages of  new hosta articles. Is this value for money?
>At least the now omitted new registrations contained new
>information about hosta. I estimate that more names of people are
>in the last journal than names of Hosta!
>Space could be made for all the above in the yearbook by omitting
>descriptions of the yearly activities (not the officers etc) of the
>regional societies. Just some fresh thoughts at the start of the new
>Ben J.M.Zonneveld
>Clusius lab pobox 9505
>2300 RA Leiden
>The Netherlands
>Fax: 31-71-5274999

PART TWO...  ray wrote:
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com Subject: Re: Value for money
You old renegade. I noticed that this letter was also sent to the
phoenix. If I can recall correctly, that is the kind of speaking that
got many of us thrown off of that list. My guess is you have already
received your warning.
With fond memories of the hosta police,
---- RAY! ..pray'tell? --  how is that old "HITLER IN DRAG!!!"-bag, doing
with her PHONEY'axe'ING'methods/tactics against decent; very-well-known &
highly-respected hosta-folks, and my example for this statement is: Mr.
James Hawes i.e. what SHE/they did to him, via the defunct AHS ROBIN, of so
long ago prior?

Ray & ALL:  In case y'all forgot, it was Jim Hawes' being removed from the
AHS Robin; at the whim of the hosta-police (with no reason whatsoever?) and
Mr. Hawes launching of a libel-suit against the AHS, which resulted in
AXING that AHS ROBIN real quick!  Okay, I suppose? ..that is what is meant
by the quotable: "peace in our time"? LOL!

Ray: ..HOSTA POLICE? ..right! { "MU'AH?" }...and I don't mean the left
cheek, nor the right cheek <=> RIGHT'in'BETWEEN!!! <<t'hee t'hee>>

just bein funny?

:-B)) <<t'ho'ho'ho>>
      "William Nash Guelph Ontario Canada Zone 4" <raffi@sympatico.ca>