Rain......but still a good day.

  • Subject: Rain......but still a good day.
  • From: "Dan & Lu" <hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:12:10 -0500

Three inches of rain in the past five days.......The last two summers have been way below normal and the water table is down. I met our new neighbors today.....they are in their late sixties......they were pulling lirope up by hand...and lots of it....and had moved hundreds of un-named iris. I told them how many hostas we have....they have seen me planting.....come spring I figure we can get them fairly interested in hostas.......little do they know who's moved in next door.....he walked our property with me today and told me it's history as he's learned it over the past 25 years....it was to wet today to get more dormant hosta crowns in the ground.......but still, today was a good day .

Dan & Lu