Re: when to repot seedlings

  • Subject: Re: when to repot seedlings
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:28:10 EST

I hope I don't confuse you more...
I seem to remember 2 schools of thinking on this...
One was, The more you disturb the roots and rinse them between repottings the better the roots grow.
And yet when you purchase some TC's they are in the 2 inch square cells with roots abounding, and hostas standing over 6 inches tall.
I didn't say that this was less confusing....
I have used the disturbing the roots method and it worked well. Haven't started seeds since to see how the other one works.
Roots out the bottom of the pot has always ment they have out grown their pot to me...or mabye it means looking for water???