Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds? / Junk Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds? / Junk Hostas
  • From: RBRSSR@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:32:53 EST

In a message dated 01/05/2003 1:35:30 PM Central Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

> Golden Sunburst is definitely one that should not
> be sold, and probably Lunar Eclipse could be dropped, but frankly, very
> few people offer them any more.

Unfortunately, Golden Sunburst is offered by 13 retailers and Lunar Eclipse
14 per the 2002 Hosta Finder. It is shocking to me that some well known
businesses continue to sell these plants. Have they no conscious?

Only the unknowledgable would buy these hostas.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should try to restrict free trade, but I
personally think less of businesses that continue to offer the above two
hostas. I'm sure there are others.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5