Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds? / Junk Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Why Grow Other's Seeds? / Junk Hostas
  • From: "Hank Zumach" zumach@execpc.com
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:12:20 -0600

Hi--This has caused me to come out of lurking for just a bit.  Several
months ago I took an unscientific poll of the members of the pixlist and
Hallson Forums about their LEAST favorite varieties.  You can find the 15
plants at the Hosta Library, under "Lists".  The only variety on the list
that I thought was questionable was Patriot.  I probably got enough votes
from unhappy gardeners simply because Patriot is so widely sold.  By the
same token, there are some lousy varieties that did not show up in the
voting because there are so few gardeners who have ever purchased them.

Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI