Re: Minors and Obscene Humor

  • Subject: Re: Minors and Obscene Humor
  • From: "H. WILLIAMS" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 17:00:12 -0400

It was a metaphor, Bob.  I don't know what tv channels you receive out
there... Do you get Showcase? Channel 39? Well, their content has become
shall we say extremely controversial. Nudity, violence, VERY explicit
sexual scenes, series about gay life, people who like whips etc.....
This is a regular cable channel, not anything special. I'm sure you
would control your daughter's access to such programming!  I am simply
stating that it is your responsibility to control her access to the
internet.  Why not set her up with her own logon and a nice bunch of
kiddy bookmarks?  There are terrific kids' sites out there that I'm sure
she would enjoy far more than the posts from a bunch of old fuddy duddy
gardeners here.

And Bob, if you don't lock your doors, lucky you. Small town life is
great. After 16 years in a small town, I have now learned that no, we
are not safe. Not when three neighbours on this street have been broken
into and that doesn't count the foiled attempts. :-)

Anyway, I'm outta here... We had only a small drizzle and I have about
three hours of solid watering to do.