Re: Hosta Disease?

In a message dated 7/14/1998 11:31:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
backhoe@scan.missouri.org writes:

<< . I
 checked closer to find the cause and when I touched the stalks they just
 fell off. I looked at the base and there is some white stuff around it.  >>

My diagnosis==A rot caused by a fungus or fungi.
Treatment=Remove necrotic tissue from crown. Place remaining part in sun for a
day. Replant in different locus.Douse with a fungicide. Pour Clorox in
previous planting hole.
Prognosis= Negative, I fear.

Clyde Crockett z5