Re: Hosta Disease?

<< << . I
  checked closer to find the cause and when I touched the stalks they just
  fell off. I looked at the base and there is some white stuff around it.  >>
 Jean, >>

I would add to everyone else's suggestions that you keep mulch away from the
base of the plant to allow for better air circulation.
Bev Stegeman