Re: Summer dormancy? (First signs)

Sure sounds like crown rot to me.
Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5, always pushing 6

 The first signs of this were the browning at the tips of the leaves, like
 crown rot. Then within a days time, the clump seemed to fall open, exposing
 center as the leaves continues to rot. As I was pulling the leaves off, there
 a granular substance down around the base of the petioles. It looked like
 birdseed. I thought it might be slow release fertilizer, but after closer
 examination, it was some type of seed.