old vs new

Good afternoon
	I asked this question on the nise hybridizers robin and I quess no one
there knew the answer. What are the benefits of using the newer more
expensive streaked breeders vs the older ones. Is it better form,
substance, higher percent of streaked seedling, or something else. This
is a question that would make a lot of difference to one just starting
out hybridizing.