Re: Chemicals and worms

In a message dated 6/28/00 10:07:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
bobaxe@sbtek.net writes:

<<  have been catching toads and bringing them home and trying to keep
 them around to eat slugs.  >>
Last year about mid July I noticed things "moving" in my hosta beds.  I had
an incredible build up of toads and little slug damage so discontinued using
metaldehyde. So far this year I haven't seen that many toads.  Does anyone
know the lifecycle of toads, overwintering in zone 4, etc.?  Will toads be
killed by metaldehyde?

Dave Drum
Wayzata Mn
Zone 4