Re: Chemicals and worms

Here's my story about slug bait.

Last year I got a Westhighland White Terrier puppy for my birthday.  We named her Plantain Lily.  The first day I had her I took her to a nursery owned by some friends to show her off.  Needless to say, she found some slug bait that had been sprinkled around the pots and decided it was pretty tasty stuff.  Cats, dogs, and other animals just love the stuff.

Luckily, I noticed that she was eating something and when I found out what it was I was shortly racing down the road to the vet, running red lights and cussing anyone driving slower than 80.  The vet made her throw up, and we found quite a few pellets in the vomit.  Poison control told us she had had a lethal dose and to get her to a doggy emergency room where they made her eat charcoal to soak up any remaining poison in her stomach and put her on intravenous anti-convulsives overnight.

Lukily she survived just fine but my vet bills were about $400 for the first day I had my puppy.  Here she is a few days later
  That's her beer.

DavidADrum@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 6/28/00 10:07:34 PM Central Daylight Time,