Catching Rabbits in Live traps

  • Subject: Catching Rabbits in Live traps
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:43:54 EDT

There is only one trick to catching rabbits in Havahart traps: leave them and ignore them.

For years we have baited the havaharts and left them set-rigged and open, in out of the way places. When the rabbits get curious they will go into the hole - it is crazy, but I was told as boy that animals will over time run into holes for protection and curiosity. We caught pheasants alive in clay drain pipes by putting screen across the far end. The dumbies would wander into the pipe and couldn't back up or turn around. Rabbits can back up and turn around unless the trap closes. Catch ground hogs the same way. Leave the trap set in out of the way paths.