Re: On the 'Bottom Line"

  • Subject: Re: On the 'Bottom Line"
  • From: LemkeIowa@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:03:32 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/01 10:24:12 AM, bobaxe@sbtek.net writes:

<< emkeIowa@aol.com wrote:

> Hostaholics:
>
> I AM CONFUSED AGAIN WHICH IS NORMAL.   I HAVE REASON TO CHECK THE IDENTITY
OF
> MY HOSTA 'BOTTOM LINE'.   I WENT TO THE HOSTA LIBRARY FOR A CONFIRMING
> PICTURE.  IT SHOWS TWO LEAVES, AND 3 PLANTS.  IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE TWO
> DIFFERENT LEAVES AND THREE DIFFERENT PLANTS.   WILL ONE OF YOU HOSTAHOLICS
> TELL ME WHICH LEAVE AND WHICH PLANT IS THE REAL 'BOTTOM LINE?  FROM 'WATCH
MY
> LINE".WILL THE REAL 'BOTTOM LINE' PLEASE STAND UP?

Hi Marvin
    I think they are the same plant. The edge seems to be thin when small
and Lu's photo is taken from the side instead of down from the top. I
have a couple of these sports side by side and it is next to impossible
to tell them apart.
--
Bye
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/

    by cliff.sbt.net (8.9.1a/8.9.1) with SMTP id KAA29400

Bob:

Confusion reins. Your two plants look alike. What do they look alike.   The
photo by HeHe He Bevie, Lu Treadway. or the originator Jim Anderson,  It
would seem to me the leaf and the photos should look like the photos as taken
by Jim Anderson the originator. Or do we have a case of tissue culture plants
that do not come up to  what they are supposed to look like.   What is that
magical term that permits this to happen?

Lewkeiowa