You decide........truth......or......scam

  • Subject: You decide........truth......or......scam
  • From: "Dan Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:40:40 -0400

I'm forwarding this message because a well respected hosta person.. .....who in on HostaOpen......sent it to me privately.......wondering what is going on with this story......
I told them it sounded like some kind of a scam.....to me......and I still think it is........but here it is in it's entirety......in case others have received the same message.....and don't want to appear as cold hearted as I do by the very act of questioning it's truth.
 HI, I would like to know if you could use a trail garden or grower in Wis.  I had to retire and sell my greenhouse and nusery 2 years ago when the Drs. found that I have Rub. Arthis. and cancer. Now I am trying to get back into hybridization, but I have so many Drs. bills that money is very hard to use to get the newer varieties. I have even stopped takine some of my morphine so I could use the $ for plants. Because I had the greenhouse for 18 years I have alot of the older varieties. I would like to get some streaks so to have a better chance of finding a winner of a variety. If I could get some of your seedlings or what ever and I did come up with something, you would get it back to name and sell. I do not go on the road any more so the only enjoyment I have is growing Hosta. I have grown TCs. for one of the wholesaler near here. It is hard to get TCs. because of the large #s you have to get them in. I have 5 sports that I am watching now. I have a girl that is going to help and some day she may get into a bus. of her own, but she is only 9 now so no hurry.
If I could buy some of your older var. or something that would be a help Please let me know. THANKYOU,  Larry Twiford,   1387 Hy. 83 So.,    Hartford, Wis.  53027
PS. I am only doing this so I can have some thing that gives me enjoyment.