Re: The reverted H.Dorothy benedict

  • Subject: Re: The reverted H.Dorothy benedict
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:29:08 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/01 8:32:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
alexwh@wimsey.com writes:

<< This is the only way they can compete with green
 plants that have more chlorophyll. >>

Ok, I am way too slow for all this and Jim I will admit that I have read all
the stuff and it just does not sink in.

But I have a question for you.  I have many things that are variegated in my
garden.  All of them from the virginia creeper to the lambs ears to the ajuga
have to be trimmed of the reversions.  I am only mentioning a few because I
have way too many plants to mention them all.  Anyway, are hostas the only
plant that has this complicated sorting out of tissue or is this true of all
variegated plants?

Oh, I have seen coleus send out sports too.

Thanks, N.