Re: hostas go with?

  • Subject: Re: hostas go with?
  • From: HoroRL@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:50:55 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/2002 11:13:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, annfree@earthlink.net writes:

well maybe you don't even grow azaleas in the frozen north

Hi, Ann:

I live zone 5 in Massachusetts.  Besides my hosta collection, I grow mostly yaku and Dexter rhodies along with a few azaleas.

I have an island bed with a Paper Bark Japanese maple (another collection of mostly dwarf weeping Japanese maples), two dwarf hemlocks and several Japanese procubens 'Nana' (another small collection of dwarf conifers), hosta, ferns, variegated Solomon seals, and several yaku rhodies.  If I do say so myself, it's pretty nice looking the year round.

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA