Re: hostas go with?

  • Subject: Re: hostas go with?
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:57:26 -0500

Rich,

I didn't know people grew azaleas up there.  I thought rhodendrons, which appear to be much the same thing, were the norm.

We took out the existing azaleas, which were very small leafed and small flowered, and replaced them with big bloomed formosa types that the gardener got.  So they are still pretty sparse, only having been in place about a year and a half.  There's room  at their feet for something with similar light and soil needs.

Ann James
Conroe, TX