Springfield is a bit warmer than me so I'm kind of guessing but I have lots
of dwarf iris blooming and iris crisata right now. Your probably getting the
bigger beardeds blooming right now. Mine have just barely started.

Good patch of crisata or dwarfs would still be going over there though.
Does it look like this?

Not very clear pictures. I bent down to it and forgot to let my camera do
the closeup work.

If you want to start iris of any sort up here you are better off getting
them in the ground before July.

Just had a thought,  the bulbous iris should be going there right about now.
English, Spanish, reticula, Dutch iris. Usually lumped together at package
stores as Dutch iris. Not reliably hardy here. I've planted them before in
fall and only 1/2 make it and the following year the numbers are cut in half
again until none are left. They are best treated like glad bulbs. Lifted and
stored until spring. They come in a rainbow of colors. Bulbs are cheap.
Walmart had 50 bulbs for $2.50 so you can afford to play with them a bit.
They come in all kinds of colors. Foliage is long and thin.
Here's a bunch of pictures.

Japanese Iris can range in size from Knee high to 6 feet.  Siberian iris are
usually around knee high here.

I was in the Springfield area the 3rd of May for a draft horse auction.
Noticed you were a good 10 days ahead of me greening up. I'm over in NH
sitting on a small mountain. Little bit colder.