Re:Tell-Tale TC

At 09:34 AM 6/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
   The younger TCs are pretty easy to spot. There is much more fine root
>mass, sometimes multiple plants which can be carefully separated without

Glen or whoever else might know, I have noticed this year that Wide Brim,
Patriot, Gloriosa, Platinum Tiara, and a few more (these plants range in
age from 3 - 6 years) have divided themselves into seperate plants, by
which I mean that there was no connecting tissue between sections.  Does a
hosta ever just wall off one mass of crowns from another?  Or would it
simply be that these were TCs that were seperate plants to begin with, were
intertwined initially, and then parted in distance after being in the
ground a few years?

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6