Re: Cut Leaf Show

In a message dated 6/20/1999 5:54:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
jopyz@earthlink.net writes:

<< Is it better to get them in early and have them on the
 show tables overnight or keep them cool and damp in your room and submit in
 morning? >>
 Definitely in the morning.
Also, watch as your leaf is being placed. The placers are 999 times out of a
1000 correct, but sometimes mistakes happen. I entered a leaf of nigrescens
once and it was placed in a section for variegated plants. I witnessed this
and broke thru the tape to place it correctly. The chair of the Show shouted,
"Stop! You CANNOT enter this room!" I cried, "I shall have no trouble, sir!"
He shouted, "Call the hosta police!! and have this lunatic arrested and

I then shouted," HELP!! There is a fire in the adjacent room! Everyone out of
the hotel!"

They all left and I placed it in the right section and class.Won best of