Re: Convention

In a message dated 6/28/1999 12:56:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
raffi@sympatico.ca writes:

<<  Clyde Crockett wrote:
  "It was the worst auction in history in respect of the entries. Why?
   The AHS decided that only REGISTERED hostas could be entered.(!!!)"
 ---
 Cly'cuz ..for the record! ..T'was not because "Only registered hostas could
be
 entered?".  IN FACT...

 *As I recall*? ..this was placed into moritorium until sometime in 2001, so
the
 whole business about only registered hostas being participants at a National
 Convention has been shelved; and of course, I'm assuming? ..this includes!
"the
 REGISTERED HOSTA LIST" as published? >>

Bill & All,

I asked the Auction Chair, Don Dean, if unregistered hostas coul be in the
auction. He told me,"NO!" Rather that they would be subjected to a "silent"
auction.

Then, I guess, that the AHS decided to let them in.

The purpose of the auction, and the only purpose, is to raise money for the
Journal. To have created the confusion that Dean and other AHS "officials"
did is inexcusable. IMO.

When I saw the list of plants that were going to be auctioned, I left Ann
Arbor, posthaste.

Next thing we know, is that only preferred "people" will be allowed to donate
plants.:>)

Clyde Crockett z5