RE: Some people will never get it..but all people want to--whatever it is!

Hi, all!

Isn't it funny how us gentle and patient hosta folks are getting kinda riled
up lately?  Maybe this winter's been too doggone long. It started before I
finished putting the garden to sleep, and it's still unmercifully chilly
almost every day. Gets wearing.

I'm sure we all know, or are aware of, how easy it is to misinterpret
someone's intentions in an email. Somehow our conversations and debates here
seem to have gone from (perhaps accidental) sparks to bonfires, and now the
civilians are getting into the fray! I submit that the more
seemingly-personally denigrating these exchanges become, the less anyone is

I saw something the other day that I find a bit amusing, especially in
regard to the repartee going on in the scientific crowd:  "If you have no
critics, you likely have no successes." (Malcolm Forbes)  Let all be
mollified, I guess you all have successes--maybe great ones.

Hang in there, gang. Let the love of hostas and of learning prevail upon our
interchanges. I know we'd have a good time together at any hosta convention.
Let's calm down in this wonderful forum.  The bigger picture is coming.

(Jim, love your "Moving on and on and on some more," yes, that's where the
heart is.)