Re: Genetically Disillusioned

  • Subject: Re: Genetically Disillusioned
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:48:25 -0500

Hey Chick,

Poor little Lily looks bushed after her adventure!

You know, the insurance company will usually send someone out to your home or place of business to change the windshield, since it's considered too dangerous to even drive to the shop.

Chick wrote:
Why don't they do something useful like putting dog genes into people.  I think that
in most cases it would improve personality traits and a lot of us would probably be
better looking.

By the way, Lily is back. I wasn't too concerned because if anything happened to
her, we let it be known to the kidnapper that Roxanne would smash him like a bug.
Frankly, the whole thing smelled a little fishy to me from the get go, and if Lily
wasn't such a loyal and devoted friend, I'd suspect she might have been in on the
whole thing from the start.

Anyway, here's the latest picture in this improbably saga. She's back in her
favorite place, waiting to go somewhere. And please don't bother to inform me that
a cracked windshield is a safety hazard, I love to live dangerously (in my minivan).

Glen Williams wrote:

Yesterday I discovered that fish genes were now put into the genetic code
of some strawberries. No, I am not kiddding. Maybe all of you already know
this..it was news to me. My indignation is not moral, but I will never be
sure of the taste of a strawberry again.I am now picturing pieces of cod
and and scrod on biscuits with whipped cream. I also understand spinach
genes ( I think it was spinach) are now being put into a pig.

I can only wonder how long before hosta genes make their way into our lives
in a more intimate way.

vox audita perit litera scripta manet....a good caveat for the dangers of e-mail
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839