Re: A Chicago Question

  • Subject: Re: A Chicago Question
  • From: Kris Groberg <kgroberg@fargocity.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:22:45 -0500

"Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" wrote:

> Ah Kris... give up Fargo?  for chicago?

Yes, hard to believe, isn't it? Winter is still roaring here, while I hear
from my cousin that there are such things as pussy willows appearing in the
Chicago area. Someone here told us that the polar bears are starting to move
south from Churchhill, Manitoba due to global warming. So that about did it!
Polar bears! And Churchill is about a thousand miles to the north of us.

> Good luck, I would have to believe that there will be more
> opps for  hosta than you've currently seen in ND.  I could
> be wrong.

I am from South Bend, so I know that at least the growing season is longer. I
don't plan to move my large hosta collection (well, maybe a few choice minis),
but will start over; this will be a lot of fun, I think.

Ubi sunt qui ante nos fuerunt,

Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
Fargo, ND 58103