Re: Hey Tim OTP

Good for you, Narda. Just like me to point out the problem without offering
a solution. You've taken care of that for me!

I've often wanted to ask a pesticide physiologist about the next step in
the food chain with this stuff. For example, I have camel crickets in my
basement, as does everyone else in Oak Ridge. I have my Mother's
Roach/Cricket killer recipe of borax, bacon grease and flour, and have
wanted to do as you suggest, make a "Cricket Motel" to protect the cat. The
problem is that the cat likes nothing better than a snack of cricket when
she can catch one (all but the hind legs, she always leaves the hind legs).
And acc. to my Mom, this stuff slows the critters down before it kills them.

So my question is whether eating the crickets that ate the borax will kill
a cat, or a small child  :-)
Wonder what the LD-50 is for this stuff...