Re: Burying pots in the ground

  • Subject: Re: Burying pots in the ground
  • From: Andrew Lietzow <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 17:16:26 -0500

EntICE11@aol.com wrote:
RE:>>I agree with you about wet feet in Hostas...but in my sandy soil I have
started the hosta in the pot thing too.
Remember, Paula, compared to some of you, I'm still "way behind in years" (translation--wet behind the ears?)  Tee Hee Hee.  This pot idea could be VERY good for those of you who don't live in the middle of ... "Is this Heaven?  No, it's Iowa".  I forget that some people have some SERIOUS soil factors, and tree root systems, working against them so they have to make provisions to work around these very negative microclimate factors.  Soil, water, and light.  If it has to be artificial to make them grow, then so be it.

Hosta la Vista!

--
Andrew C. Lietzow, Hacker - The ACL Group, Inc.
..Also #1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com ...