RE: For discussion

  • Subject: RE: For discussion
  • From: "Gerry/Bob O'Neill" <eoneill@attglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:19:13 -0400

I'm about 80 miles north of Mary here in the mountains of East TN, and have to echo her report..

Although I complained in my previous post about my August Moon and Eagle's Nest, in fact, the rest of my hosta are looking much better than in previous years and growing like gangbusters.. And Mary's right, in general we are still in deficit as far as rain goes, although we've had a couple of good fronts go through in the past couple of weeks..

Winter was dry and mild. Early heat 80-90 deg for two weeks in March, then followed by more cold (nights in the low 20's). It seemed like we had gone to summer then winter again, with no spring in between.

Almost no slug damage whatsoever. I'd like to attribute that to the Sluggo that I've been using for the last two years, but that may also be weather related.