Subject ... debates, politics and Hostas

To: Rich (after the now infamous colorful response...)

Wowzer.   I do believe some moderation is in order...  Bob's comment was i n response to a rather interesting
statement that you made.  I read your statement, and I am reading his response to it and I don't find either that
offensive.  However, you latter one is a departure into uncharted territory.  I don't know where this takes a person
once the typical inhibitions are abandoned.   LOL!

I do not find his recommendation incongruous with logical reasoning.  If you don't want to talk politics, we don't
mind at all.  I haven't  the foggiest, however, on why you would get that offended by his statement.   If you don't like
the politics, then just ask questions about Hostas and delete the politicizing stuff.   I LOVE to talk about Hostas.

Here... I'll try one myself.    There are diploids, triploids, and tetraploids.  Why are there not hexaploids?  Shouldn't
these be theoretically feasible?  If one can induce polyploidy with a chemical like colchicine or Treflan, with a
diploid as the experimental subject most likely producing a tetraploid, couldn't a similiar treatment of a triploid induce a change in the chromasomal ploidy of that plant into a hexaploid?

There.... and like Rodney King says,  "Can't we all just get along.?.."

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com                       mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516