Re: election - delete if not interested

Hi Beth,
Oh my God, there she goes again... "Bush has won and Gore will not let it
go".   Have you got your eyes covered and ears closed to the news or are you
just trying to get attention?

Beth-- Gore won the popular vote and no one is contesting that.  Even after
counting the votes in Florida and if all 27,700 "undervoted ballots" go for
GW, the popular vote would still be won by Gore, so this is not a decisive
win-lose contest.

As for the votes that count, Al has 262 electoral college votes in the bag and
G. Dubya has 246.     What is up for discussion is which of these two people
actually won Florida.   For either of these men, and their supporters, to roll
over and say uncle at this point would be antithetical.

I'll put it another way, and I hope you enjoy football.  There are 7 seconds
on the clock, we're on the two yard line, the score is 28 - 24 and the guys
with 24 are in possession.  It's the 3rd down and goal to go, and you want the
guys with 24 to give up?   Oh, and the guys with 24 are playing on their home
field and have had this much in contributions from their supporters....

   # ST/DIST           Amount   Through   Candidate Name
         1. PRES (R)   $187,984,016   10/18/2000 BUSH, GEORGE W
         2. PRES (D)   $133,326,206   10/18/2000 GORE, AL

Let's let them play the game out before we call it... The outcome is obviously
important to a lot of people.   BTW, I believe G. Dubya set a record here on
receipts.

RE: The kids.  They both have fine children and I'm sure they'll be fine no
matter the outcome.  This contest doesn't have anything to do with the kids
and they are not germane to the discussion.  You needn't worry about the kids
and don't try to get us to call Al and say, "You've got to stop this; for the
good of the children".    You and Narda, tugging at the ol' heart-strings.
Let's just count the votes properly and get this over....

Finally, I don't blame Al for not going to his "Family-Reunion" event in
Tennessee.  If he had carried the home state, we wouldn't be wasting all of
this time worrying about Florida.  Maybe he'll move to Michigan or New York,
or someplace, when this is all over, where people are better supporters of the
favorite sons?  Looks like Bill and Hillary have had a pretty good reception
up north...

Andrew L.