I didn't read your note closely enough.

Labels that come in sheets are not stiff enough to be put in the ground, at
least none that I've seen.  You can get sheets for laser or printers, but they
are very thin and are meant to be wrapped around the plant.  The plastic labels
that nurseries use come in rolls and would not go through a laser printer.