Re: LABEL MAKERS

Hey Preston, thanks for the info. I already have a Brother P-Touch label
maker for my metal stakes, and yes, the tape is expensive. I have found that
I can get them on ebay for less than half price of what I can get them at
Staples or Office Depot/Max.

But what I'm looking for is software that lets me stick labels in my
printer, not paper self stick, but the 'stick in the pot' labels themselves
(I know you know what I'm talking about even though I can't seem to explain
it), print them, turn them over, print the back, and use them in pots. Like
the nurseries use.

No Chick, I'm not going into competition! LOL! Not yet, anyway. <wink>

I'm growing plants from seeds and I'd like to be able to print customized
labels. I'm also starting to move (well, thinking about) plants up to my
retirement property. I don't want to duplicate my metal labels (boy would
that cost a fortune!) or leave my current garden without them, so I need to
print up labels for the lake when I split a hosta, and move it there.  I
know you can buy sheets of labels you put into your printer, and print up,
(need a source for those too, if anyone has any) tear apart, and stick in
the pot. So, to print them up, I figure I need software to do that. Hmmm,
wonder if I can customize MS Word to do that? Anybody try this before?

You know, I love winter, when I have the time to think about little projects
like this one, AND do something about it. I always think about little
projects when I'm working out in the garden and think, I need this, or I
need that. I always say I'll do it in the winter months, and now that
they're here, it feels good to work on them! Which reminds me, I've been
meaning to work on creating return labels for my envelopes, and.....

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)

PS: The down side of winter is spending too much time indoors and having WAY
too much energy on your hands! LOL!