From: ctuttle39@juno.com [mailto:ctuttle39@juno.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 8:24 AM
To: Hosta-open@mallorn.com; PHOENIX_HOSTA_ROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Subject: Is it spring?

Just surveyed the garden this morning.  All Hosta have gone dormant and
leaves died back, including the longipes and other late season Hosta.

Now then, H. 'Harvest Dandy' has decided it is spring and is sending up
two new shoots that are some 3" - 4" tall, each with 4-6 leaves.  Talk
about being confused!  A cold snap will get them too and all will be
gone
for the winter.  Still waiting for that onset of winter so that I can
get
the Hosta beds mulched.  Maybe the weekend of 12/6.

However, those of us who need a "Hosta High", we have seedlings to keep
us "green" through the winter months until spring comes.  If you are not
a Hosta seed grower, try it.

Hope you all have had as happy a Thanksgiving as the Tuttle family - and
all your travelling was safe (and on time).

Charles