Re: Yesterday

Thanks guys ...
..But what are voles? How do I know if I have them.
I started these gardens out of virgin soil so I don't even have slugs yet.
Bugs yes, tons of weeds and there is a mole out there. The cat next door
keeps some of the bigger varmints down. But are their voles this far north?
Maybe the cat keeps them at bay here too.
What kind of wire cage would I have to use? Chicken wire? Around the hostas
all the time or just over the winter?
I have both the Red and White oak, and some Scrub oak. They line the east
side of my property. The leaves get pretty deep. I am using them to keep the
weeds down in the areas I have not turned into gardens yet. I am going to
bring out the Roundup next year against this weed that looks and feels a lot
like wild rasberry. That one I have been fighting for 4 years since we built
the house.
Just getting our first taste of the cold up here in the Twin Cities. Was
supposed to get snow..but along with the moisture....we got skipped again.
20's tonight.
but supposed to be 50 on sunday.
Will have to water again if we get nothing out of this weather system.
Watering and putting up Christmas lights...hmm, going to be an interesting
winter.

Paula
Blaine,Mn