Yesterday, Link to vole information

Paula asked;

"Thanks guys ...
..But what are voles? "

Here's a link for information about a serious pest for some hosta
gardeners.

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/ipmnet/ny/fruits/FruitFS/voles.html

Even though this information is about fruit tree root damage, it's the
same critter that is know to eat our hostas.

You may be in an area where voles are not a problem. You should call you
local Agricultural Extension Office to see if voles are in your area.
Voles in my area leave 1 inch diameter holes in the ground and often
these holes are made in tunnels made by moles. (The voles run in the
mole tunnels)

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7