Re: Rules or no rules?

I can't comment on why the board decided to close the Robin, but it was the
only place where members could get together and offer suggestions, comments and
criticism to the board.  I realize that Jim asked that these be sent to him
directly, and that they still can be, but now it will be much more difficult to
show that these suggestions and criticisms are not just the rantings of a
lonely malcontent.  I firmly believe that if I or any others who were against
the Preferred Growers Program had not had the forum to present our views in a
way that could not be ignored, that the PGP would be in effect now.  I know
that many members of the forum would prefer the elimination of AHS politics
from the forum, but it was an effective and useful means of communication for
those of us who have an interest in board decisions.  I hope that fact did not
contribute to its demise.

I suspect that since the new forum has no official standing, that it will be
easy to ignore. As Gary pointed out, the Hosta Open has no rules, no
discipline, and, as far as I can see, no problems.

Chick