Rules or no rules? Adults on the playground.

Gerry asked:

".......has anyone ever been threatened with legal action
over something posted on the list?"

"And why do we need a new list to replace the AHS robin?"

Here's a brief history:

Hosta-open was started when the AHS closed it's first hosta robin
several years ago. About 180 AHS members were just left hanging in
cyberspace with no way to communicate as a group.

The second AHS sponsored Robin was apparently closed early Monday
(11-22-99)morning. This second AHS robin and the first AHS robin were
monitored by a group whose identity remained concealed from the AHS

This secret group removed several members from the AHS listserve as
punishment for their postings. There was never any explanation  given to
these removed members. (I know them all, and was once removed myself)

Now there is a third robin that is controlled by the same people who
controlled the second AHS robin. The AHS President, Jim Wilkins, says
the AHS has no affiliation with this third robin even though the same
committee is in place and it is owned by the same listowner, Carolyn

This is just a new chapter in the continuing saga of attempting to
control who says what about what or who on what subject when what
subject says gray who about what remove line or what or whatever who's
gray line crossed what hostas on the internet.

If the preceding paragraph is confusing to you, you get a good idea of
the difficulties in making rules that govern what adults talk about on
the internet. If the preceding paragragh makes perfect sense to you, you
are a prime candidate for judging our internet discussions here on

I trust I have made myself clear.

Govern yourselves, or I'll tell my mommy.

Dan Nelson

P.S. No law suits up to now.