Re: Mulch-corn stalks

Linda,
  Where are you from in Mn?  I live close to Alexandria.....and have been
addicted to hostas for 4 or 5 years now!  I just think its fun to know
where others live in your state.....
  I like your corn stalk idea.  I know that Baily's; a big wholesale
nursery in St Paul use Sorghum for a cover crop, and then chopes it up and
spreads it on the fields for a mulch/fertilizer/compost .  Let me know how
it works out.
  How long have you been interested in hostas?
Monty