H.'Chirifu'

Robin Hybridizers and Winter Seedlings Under Lights Nuts,

Being perhaps one of the very few  sources of subject hosta plants and
seed, I wish to advise that I have collected and cleaned about a half
pint of open pollinated seed of H. 'Chirifu' from about 23 tall, full
scapes. I have decided to share it with serious hosta seedling growers
and hybridizers.

As you may know, Chirifu is a marbled, irregularly streaky montana
derivative collected from the wild, introduced into the US by H. Gowen,
described by Herb Benedict in a Journal article as a valuable breeder
and  auctioned off  at the Iowa Convention in 1993. I acquired it with
purchase partner Bette Comfry for big bucks and lots of them.

If you are interested in a  gratis small quantity of  open pollinated
seed of this valuable breeder, please let me know by sending a SASE to
make my job of distributing this seed easier. First come, first served
until it is gone.

Jim Hawes
302 Pine Breeze Dr.
Edgewater, FL 32141